Chat with an LDS missionary

Chat with an LDS missionary
Chat with a missionary

Monday, April 6, 2009

My dialogue with another on attacks on others faith

Here is a recent "dialogue" on a discussion group.

I have now gone back and re-read all my posts to you.

I see where I have shared my bad experiences with CHARM.-
--(maybe you felt attacked by that?)
Shared some positive LDS things-- like Mormon messages
and I didn't see that you really asked any questions about my faith for me to answer-- I believe that I did answer the quest. you asked about me. I may have missed something.

I do see that in the post where you said you didn't want to go back and read the past posts as Jeff suggested--

that it seems *you* had referred/referenced it to being about CHARM--

but from my reading the posts before that between you and Jeff- it seems the topic was plural gods-- which is why Jeff probably referred you back as that was a VERY recent topic on this thread and had been discussed thoroughly. again, as it was not my dialogue I may have it wrong.

I do still "unequivocally" state that ---

it is not necessary to "knock or bash or rip on " any other specific faith

to show support from the Bible (or our own life)
for our OWN cherished faith or beliefs.

I am reminded of the movie called "Gandhi" (this example is an "over the top" analogy- but it is what came to my mind-- sorry)

-- where when the **awful atrocity** happened where the soldiers shot into the crowd of people who had met peacefully and kept killing them, as even some jumped into the well- to try to get away-- and they killed anything that moved- women and children even!

So the commander in charge of that atrocity-
was being investigated after it-
by his superiors who were appalled at what he had ordered.

And as I remember it, they asked him why- why didn't he show any mercy?

And he mumbled something about that nobody had asked for any--

Then again as I remember it-someone else said something to him about-- did he think that they would walk into the guns shooting them to do so?

Well sorry that this IS **way over the top*** for an example---

***but the principle I think is the same.***

You have said that you want to help save LDS---

but I think to try to do that by

attacking our faith with saying the things you have---

does not inspire me with any reason to trust you or think I would be treated with respect

---- kind of like the old "love me--love my dog"

I love my church and its teachings WAY more than I could any dog--

so -- when I feel that my church (or dog) is

getting kicked by anyone--

I sure don't feel like trusting them with my own welfare, body or soul!!!


I hope that sharing this will help you (or any others) to see how it looks to me.

I think that probably anybody IN a church MUST see *something* in that church that feels good and beautiful to them, or they wouldn't be there?

So, maybe if others instead of trying to "rip it out of their hands/hearts"

would with gentle hands- stand back and OFFER something they feel is BETTER--

(without trying to smear dirt on theirs!!!-- let THEM compare--
as they know what they are taught!!!---

and as for the anti charge that LDS REALLY believe different things than they teach--- is silly to me-- it is hard enough to teach what we believe- and "a house divided against its self will not stand"-- so as we are standing and growing very well- the fruits seem to disprove that charge

My experience is that I have read TONS of anti- I have a whole 3 ring binder with anti pamphlets etc, along with books and books! --- They have my writing all over them, where I have gone to the source and found they are misquotes- distortions and out of context ETC!!!!!!

I think you think LDS are all blindly lead

-- I can speak only for myself. I HAVE looked at both sides, (anti and LDS) plus many other churches. I have "proved all things- held fast that which is good"

So then if the person should feel that something other than LDS is best---

wouldn't they then walk away from what they now see as "less"?

I think so. --- and certainly some DO walk away

--- what I find interesting or ironic-- is that the FRUITS of those
who have left the church (that I know of personally)
do not seem to bear out that it was a good choice.

Nor do they usually go to another church-- but when they decide that maybe they can't live the teachings in ours or they are offended or whatever?

-- that I do not seem to see them finding any other faith that they want to come and share with me.

LDS do NOT believe in "shunning " either.

Anyway-- this is my life experience.

I promote ANY and ALL to share what cherished beliefs they hold true! I like to learn of others faith in Jesus Christ and how their prayers have been answered and their life blessed. Many on here of other faiths have shared that-- and it warms my heart.

I believe that God loves and inspires ALL his children and answers their prayers too! I KNOW some will receive a better reward than some LDS!!

May we all respect each other and their sacred beliefs (even when we may disagree with them) just as we can treat a child kindly who has an "imaginary friend". Gramajane

No comments:

Post a Comment