Chat with an LDS missionary

Chat with an LDS missionary
Chat with a missionary

Saturday, February 6, 2010

life goes on- and so must we- till called home

I've been following the Meridian online Magazine stories about Haiti disaster. I'm so sorry for their trials, and I'm praying for them-- for comfort and hope. I am glad we have enough to donate some money, and we have done that now. Probably will give more.

We have decided to sell all our properties in Sequim, partially just to get the debts paid off and to get funds for Ray to finish our fishing/tender ship, "Liahona". Also because it is just more than we can handle, and we feel we are not being good stewards for Heavenly Father.

Hopefully it will also give us money to go on a mission. I sure appreciate all the prayers others have prayed for our success for this and also for the sale now. It feels right- and I believe I am finally ready to "let go" of our dream home.

It has been a fun challenge to fix the castle and decorate it nicer than we ever had it, especially for families to get to vacation there. :)

I just don't feel this is where I am to stay- doing this.

The "last straw" was after feeling that to try to make a four hour turn around with rentals in one day-- would be a miracle- and shuddering just contemplating it

**THEN** realizing that to do a four hour clean, restock etc turnaround on a **SUNDAY***- with causing others to work on the Sabbath (and me too) just for $
(not saving lives like in a hospital etc)

where I couldn't even feel right to ask Heavens help- much less for a miracle-
to go against what I feel are Gods commandments-
then I realized-- this is just NOT any job I want. That Sunday turn around is scheduled for Sept. so hopefully it sells before then, and in pleanty of time so I can refund all confirmed guests money and they can get other vrbo if the castle does not sell to someone who wants to do vrbos. -- Yeah-- I need a miracle to sell it right!

It is also harder being here with no family near by as our daughter Debbie and family are now in our Oakley home, as they look for work in Twin Falls, and housing there. Prayers are appreciated for them too.

We are so blessed that we are not having to deal with situations like Haiti. I can not comprehend it.

I still believe that God is watching over us as we learn to deal with the challenges and trials, along with the joys and happiness of life. I am learning to trust God more, which helps me be much happier too. May God continue to bless us all, always!

No comments:

Post a Comment