Chat with an LDS missionary

Chat with an LDS missionary
Chat with a missionary

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

define my meaning better?

I was realizing that there were better word to express myself, than what I said. I believe I said that I felt "sorry for those with Same Sex Attraction"--

I think it would be more accurate in expressing my feelings to say it more like this--

I feel concerned for the challenge and weight of the difficulty/situation to find ones' self in such a situation. I feel to pray for them, for more strength to overcome, and to heal.

I feel as I would for anyone who has an illness or has been hurt in an accident and now needs to do a LOT of work to get up to speed, to be there best. I am thankful that my own challenges are not any harder for me to deal with, and I am glad I don't have to carry others challenges!

I consider that maybe they were/are such a accomplished or strong spirit that they needed a really strong challenge to be enough to challenge them to grow as they best could-- kind of like I think a handicap in golf is supposed to work? Or like when one accomplished chess player agrees to play a novice without their own Queen.

I do NOT feel they are any "less"-- not at all! Neither do I feel that way for anyone with a physical handicap. Who am I to judge-- NOBODY!! I don't think anyone ASKS for handicaps (when they are in this life-- though possibly they agreed to it before this life, for what strength they could develop from overcoming it?? I sure don't know!)

Anyway-- my heart hurts for them, and if I am aware that another may have ANY challenge I do pray for them for the best possible to happen for them-- Gods' will! Gramajane

No comments:

Post a Comment