Chat with an LDS missionary

Chat with an LDS missionary
Chat with a missionary

Saturday, October 22, 2011

The "price" of a clean, organized home?

I've been thinking about this-- as I have frustratingly noticed that lately my home is not as clean as I'd like to to be. OK, to be more honest, I would usually be embarrassed to have anyone drop by and have to use the bathroom!

I don't usually leave things out, but in the last year or so, I don't seem to MAKE time to do the real cleaning of surfaces or keep up things at a level of clean that I would personally enjoy more myself!

Often there are a few dirty dishes and maybe even a pan in my kitchen sink (I'm still not used not having to do big family meal dishes, so just a few things dirty feels almost a waste of hot water : / )

Yes, I thankfully still have the great habit of making our bed each morning (and it makes a HUGE difference as right now we are living in this older 5th wheel, where ALL can see the bed from the other end of the RV, and THAT would be a large part of the % of the total looking a mess! )

Maybe I could blame it partially on that I am a little past due to get a stronger prescription on my eye glasses, so I don't usually SEE the dirt, or that my eye glasses themselves are not as clean as I'd like either so all things often seem a little fuzzy too. (yeah, lame! though true. )

I could blame it on that I ** don't ** have any kids home to help with the work? I love it that "those who walk on the floors, help with the chores"! But it is just Ray and I and he works out of the home so it is ME, and me alone, responsible. :(
--- now He wants to use this computer, so I'll continue later, with the wonderful ideas that worked when we had kids. (I miss my own kids, and even kids in general, as I am so transient at present that i don't have a regular Primary class to teach.

by the way, I do still believe that "an immaculate home is the sign of a wasted life"
but I want to have my home a little more celestial, anyway! talk to you later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment